Clean Energy Bootcamp
For innovators at/from universities
In Europe and Africa, startups and innovators are working on new ideas to limit the effects of climate change. Due to their different starting points, startups in Africa and Germany may have different focuses, but they are working towards the same goal: a decentralised renewable energy supply that will also change our economic and social lives.
The Clean Energy Bootcamp brings together (post-)docs and students from four universities in Uganda, Kenya and Germany to collaborate in workshops to further develop their CleanTech innovations.
The aim is not a one-sided transfer of knowledge, but an equal exchange of ideas and solutions for the respective region. The goal: to learn from other local contexts for one’s own startup idea.
– Kenyatta University, Nairobi,
– Mount Kenya University, Thika
Makerere University Business School, Kampala
- Participants: Students or (post-)docs studying at the participating universities or participating in projects or programs there as well as staff of faculties. Most important is the quality and level of your innovation, not your status at the university.
- Innovation: The idea must be innovative and new and offer a solution in the CleanTech sector.
- State of the innovation: It is not just an initial idea, but there is already a Minimum Viable Product and/or initial experience with users/customers.
Clean Energy Bootcamp 2024
Three innovative ideas from each university will participate in the Clean Energy Bootcamp:
10. – 16. April 2024
Application deadline expired on 31 January 2024