Energy Camp East Africa
Energy Camp East Africa
March / April 2022
Do you have a mature product or business idea and/or a first prototype for the East African decentralized renewable energy sector?
Then you are right at the Energy Camp East Africa!
Here’s what participants at Energy Camp East Africa 2021 have to say:
- “Energy Camp was a moment for us to meet, share, learn and grow. The networks and insights we gained there were invaluable and will help us greatly in building a stronger business.”
- “With the help of our coaches, we’ve been able to identify additional sources of income and, more importantly, find a solution for our clients who are struggling with repayments.”
- “Energy Camp was just awesome!”
Applications open for the next Energy Camp East Africa: 10 January 2022
Individuals and teams from East Africa who are in the (pre-) start-up phase with their mature idea or whose company was founded no longer than five years ago can participate.
If you are selected to participate in the Energy Camp:
- you receive an individual coaching by experienced entrepreneurs. This is how you develop your business idea and your business plan.
- participate in the workshop in Kampala. Here your concept is once again critically questioned by the other startups and experts. This gives you valuable insights into how your business idea can become a success.
- you take part in the final Startup|Energy Award. The winner will receive a prize of 5,000 euros for the further development of his product.
- you will be given the opportunity to participate in the Energy Camp Freiburg.
- we will connect you with partners from the Startup|Energy community: investors, partner companies, accelerators.
Terms and conditions
All applications must meet the following criteria:
Your startup must operate in one of these areas of decentralized renewable energy supply:
- Production from renewable energy sources
- Smart Living, for example energy for health, education, water, sanitation, consumption, mobility, agriculture
- Energy-efficient products and services
- Financing solutions
- Resilience Engineering
- Storage systems
- Energy distribution
- Measuring and control systems
Your startup must be registered in the East African Communtiy (EAC) or be in the pre-establishment phase.
The countries of the EAC are:
- South Sudan
You must intend to start your work first in the EAC countries.
Your startup must have an existing product that is less than 5 years old.
You must have already completed a pilot project or won first pilot customers.
To date, you have received less than 500k euros from non-African investors.
10 January 2022
Start of the application phase
11 February 2022
Closing date for applications
Individual coaching sessions
04 – 06 April 2022