Energy Camp East Africa
Energy Camp East Africa
May – June 2021
Do you have a mature product or business idea and/or a first prototype for the East African decentralized renewable energy sector?
Then you are right at the Energy Camp East Africa!
Applications are no longer open for the Energy Camp in May/June 2021. The application period ended on 15.04.2021.
A total of 46 startups applied, from which we will now select five to participate in the Energy Camp.
More on that here shortly…
Individuals and teams from East Africa who are in the (pre-)start-up phase with their mature idea or whose company was founded no longer than five years ago can apply.
If you are selected to participate in the Energy Camp:
- you receive an individual coaching by experienced entrepreneurs. This is how you develop your business idea and your business plan.
- participate in the workshop in Kampala. Here your concept is once again critically questioned by the other startups and experts. This gives you valuable insights into how your business idea can become a success.
- you take part in the final Startup|Energy Award. The winner will receive a prize of 5,000 euros for the further development of his product.
- you will be given the opportunity to participate in the Energy Camp Freiburg.
- we will connect you with partners from the Startup|Energy community: investors, partner companies, accelerators.
Terms and conditions
All applications must meet the following criteria:
Your startup must operate in one of these areas of decentralized renewable energy supply:
- Production from renewable energy sources
- Smart Living, for example energy for health, education, water, sanitation, consumption, mobility, agriculture
- Energy-efficient products and services
- Financing solutions
- Resilience Engineering
- Storage systems
- Energy distribution
- Measuring and control systems
Your startup must be registered in the East African Communtiy (EAC) or be in the pre-establishment phase.
The countries of the EAC are:
- South Sudan
You must intend to start your work first in the EAC countries.
Your startup must have an existing product that is less than 5 years old.
You must have already completed a pilot project or won first pilot customers.
To date, you have received less than 500k euros from non-African investors.
1 March 2021
Start of the application phase
15 April 2021
Closing date for applications
May / June 2021
Individual coaching sessions
22 – 24 June 2021