Consulting firm Publicis Sapient announces the winners of the 2022 Global EnergyTech Awards. The awards honor unique transformative technology solutions in the energy industry for the second year in a row. The winners were chosen in seven categories during a virtual awards ceremony.
The winners of the 2022 Global EnergyTech Awards are startups and innovators from around the world who share a passion for digitally transforming the energy sector and making a difference for the industry, their customers and the planet. The award categories cover the entire life cycle of the energy sector. The winners are as follows:
- Best CleanTech: phelas (Germany): phelas develops and builds Liquid Air Energy Storages (LAES) for wind and solar energy. The team is currently working on a prototype for a unique standardized, modular, mass-produced, low-cost large-scale electric storage system: Aurora. The system uses the proven concept of liquid air storage.
- Best Use of Data & Insights Solution: GoCodeGreen (UK): GoCodeGreen offers the first and most comprehensive carbon diagnostics and decision-making platform for software. GoCodeGreen now works with a number of banks, FinTechs, technology systems integrators and consultancies, as well as government agencies, to assess their software platforms and help them on their journey to decarbonize their software and technology.
- Best Digital Marketing Solution: Switchd (UK): Switchd is an automatic energy service provider switching service. Switchd has made it its mission to make the chore of checking household bills a thing of the past. With intelligent algorithms and an easy-to-use platform, Switchd ensures that consumers automatically get the best deal.
- Best Network, Transport or Distribution Solution: IONATE (UK): IONATE is a technology company developing next generation Hybrid Intelligent Transformers. IONATE revolutionizes the control of power flow and enables a truly future-proof power grid.
- Best Smart City Solutions: Solskin (Switzerland): Solskin is dedicated to developing innovative new products and solutions based on its patented hybrid hard and soft robotic actuator combined with cutting-edge artificial intelligence m improving the lives of people and the planet.
- Best Solution Energy Trading: SAMAWATT (Switzerland): Using powerful algorithms, SAMAWATT provides accurate forecasts for wind and solar energy production on an hourly basis for a 72-hour horizon.
- Best Standout Performer: GoCodeGreen (UK): Among all applications, GoCodeGreen was able to particularly convince the jury with its innovative strength and receives the special award.
“We are thrilled to recognize disruptors in the energy industry for the second year in a row as part of our Global EnergyTech Awards 2022,” said Nigel Vaz, CEO of Publicis Sapient. “At a time when the energy industry is undergoing significant change and the transition to a zero-carbon future is well underway, energy companies increasingly need to work with innovators to improve the skills and technologies needed to meet both their own and global net zero targets. We’re proud to bring together the best ideas and talent to drive the transformation to a cleaner, greener world.”
Jury and prizes
The award winners were selected by a jury consisting of high-ranking industry experts. The international team of judges includes Devrim Celal (CEO, KrakenFlex), Elvira Fabrizio (SVP, Digital & IT, Eni), Paul Massara (Associate, Creative Destruction Lab), Damian Bunyan (CIO, Uniper), Chris Foster (Chief Information and Innovation Officer, TC Energy), Jason Gislason, (Chief Digital Officer, Chevron Phillips Chemical Company), Sandeep Parmar (General Manager, Digital Platforms & Operations, Suncor), Milind Godbole (Global Energy Lead, Publicis Sapient), Simon Harvey (GVP Energy & Commodities, EMEA, Publicis Sapient), Oded Lavie (VP Innovation & Business Development, Publicis Sapient), and Joseph Tabita (Energy Leader, EMEA & APAC, Publicis Sapient).
The winners will receive a showcase at VivaTech 2023, Europe’s largest startup and tech event, and an editorial feature in WIRED magazine. In addition, they can each expect a personal mentoring session with one of the jury members and a workshop with Publicis Sapient on the topic of scaling their products and solutions.
“The startups that applied are changing the energy landscape in impressive and positive ways, and their solutions will make a big contribution to companies’ zero-CO2 ambitions,” said Joseph Tabita, Energy Leader, EMEA & APAC, Publicis Sapient. “We saw some really brilliant solutions among the submissions. The innovative ideas penetrate the problems of energy companies, consumers and the environment in detail and result in clever approaches that can be adapted for most geographies. Congratulations to all the winners and finalists.”
The low-carbon website developed for the Global EnergyTech Awards 2022 saves energy by not showing photos, animations or videos. Publicis Sapient relies on vector-based graphics, reduced text, black background, anchor links, web-safe fonts and clean code.
About Publicis Sapient
Publicis Sapient is a leading digital business transformation consultancy. We help global organizations achieve sustainable competitive advantage in an increasingly digital world. To achieve this, we use our SPEED competencies: Strategy and Consulting, Product, Experience, Engineering and Data. Combined with our culture of curiosity and deep industry knowledge, we are able to unlock value and growth potential for our customers by creating products and experiences that their customers truly value. Our agile, data-driven approach equips companies for change and makes digitization the core of their thinking and actions. Publicis Sapient is the digital business transformation specialist of Publicis Groupe, with 20,000 employees and over 50 locations worldwide. For more information, visit publicissapient.com.