72 startups from 18 African countries have applied to participate in Startup|Energy’s next Energy Camp. This shows the great dynamism and high innovative power of energy startups in Africa.
From the applications, these five startups were selected to participate in Energy Camp Africa:
- ThinkBikes (Nigeria): Locally produced e‑bikes
- Tryke (Kenya): Electric Tricycles
- Worldtech Consult (Ghana): Solar Coldrooms
- Second Life Storage (Rwanda): Battery Recycling for Telekom Operators
- Solakilimo (Kenya): Solar Coldrooms
Participating startups are currently receiving intensive coaching from experienced entrepreneurs who know the African energy market inside out.
The final event is a face-to-face workshop in Nairobi (Kenya) from 04. until 06 April. There, the start-ups will present their business ideas to investors and experienced entrepreneurs.
The final event is the competition for the Startup|Energy Award, which is endowed with 5,000 euros.